Thank you for your interest in Indigo’s Apprenticeship Program. You have reached our Apprenticeship Portal where you may apply and track your application status.
In order to apply, you must hold a BHTTS or Baptiste Yoga 200-hour RYT certification.
Completing the Apprenticeship Program is required if you are considering teaching at Indigo as a permanent team member. The purpose is to immerse you into our community and culture.
Please thoroughly read all of the information within the Apprenticeship Portal. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Indigo’s Apprenticeship Program is 2 - 3 months in duration (a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 3 months).
- If the apprentice fails to complete all of the requirements for the program, they are eligible to restart at any reasonable time, but can only restart one additional time.
- Apprentices are not eligible for company benefits.
- The Apprenticeship Program is exclusive to Indigo; apprentices are not allowed to mentor/apprentice at other competing studios (as per the Indigo Exclusivity Agreement that will be reviewed) during the duration of their Apprenticeship.
- Acceptance into the program is not guaranteed for any reason.
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO APPRENTICESHIP
- BHTTS or Baptiste Yoga 200-hour teaching certification is required. If the applicant holds neither school certification, leadership team will review the applicant’s application and consider on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant may apply 90 days / 3 months after graduation from BHTTS. Graduation day being the last day of Module 5.
- The applicant must submit the apprenticeship application in full using Indigo’s Apprenticeship Portal at www.brookehamblet.com.
- The applicant must submit documentation of a consistent personal practice of 3 times per week at Indigo for at least a month prior to applying. Practice logs can be obtained through MindBodyOnline. Handwritten documentation is not accepted.
- Practice Teaching is not required, yet definitely encouraged and a part of the initial decision process. Practice teaching includes Indigo’s Practice Teaching Tuesdays format, creating classes on your own, teaching at parks, gyms, clubs etc. The more you teach, the more you are keeping your skills active.
- The applicant will attend an in-person job interview. After all interviews are completed, leadership team will meet and determine if the applicant is accepted to move to the next step. If it is decided that the applicant is not a fit at this time, he/she will not proceed to the next steps (listed below).
- The applicant will teach a live class, referred to as the “teaching interview class” at Indigo Sundance Square or The Indigo Academy with BHTTS facilitators and contributors, Indigo leadership, and Indigo teachers present. Leadership point of contact will be present for the live teaching class and will provide feedback and initial evaluation of teaching skill. If the apprentice does not meet the teaching skill level, they will not move to the next step. It will be encouraged that her/she take 2 months or more to practice teach before re-applying.
- The applicant will assist a live class at Indigo Westside, referred to as the “assisting interview class.” Leadership point of contact will be present for the live assisting class and will provide feedback and initial evaluation of assisting skill. If the applicant does not meet the standard skill level, they still may proceed forward, and if they do move forward, further assisting direction and evaluation will be given as an assistant during the Apprenticeship Program. (this full step may or may not occur separately from the initial teaching interview class)
- The applicant will be accepted into the Apprenticeship Program based on the information above and at the discretion of Leadership. And may be hired onto Team Indigo once leadership completes their evaluations and decisions at the end of the Apprenticeship Program.
REQUIREMENTS DURING APPRENTICESHIP
- Practice in studio 3 times per week for the duration of the Apprenticeship.
- Practice teach a minimum of 2 times each month. At least one of the practice teaches is required to utilize the “Practice Teaching Tuesday” sessions at Indigo; a documentation sheet will be provided for all practice teaches. (If there is a work/consistent time conflict, please discuss to create a plan). You must use the documentation sheet for all PTT classes, and turn them in upon completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Assist 10 classes in total, minimum. The first two assisting classes are referred to as the “shadow-assisting classes,” (assisting while shadowing a member of the lead assisting team). If the lead assistant approves the apprentice to assist solo, they are then required to assist the other 8 classes solo. If the lead assistant does not approve the apprentice, coaching and more shadow assisting may be required. Once the apprentice is approved, they still must assist 8 solo classes.
- Observe one class led by a seasoned Indigo teacher (ex: Brooke, 300-hour teacher, or long time Indigo teacher) and complete the observation form provided. (you do not take the class, you merely observe it)
- Attend one of each of our classes not listed as “All Levels:
- Slow Flow, EDU, Music + Flow, Musication, Vinyasa/Restorative, Basics, Meditation
- Work a 4-hour desk shift, coordinated with front desk lead, Free First Wednesdays HIGHLY encouraged.
- Complete all Indigo Apprenticeship forms and documentation thereof, and submit prior to scheduling the final teaching interview classes.
- Teach a LIVE community class at The Indigo Academy with a 300-hour teacher presiding. If the teacher says you are good to go, then you head directly to Indigo Westside to teach the final….(see next bullet)
- Lead a “live teaching interview class” at Indigo Westside, during a non-prime time class slot.
A note on the Apprenticeship
- If the apprentice did not meet the assisting skill level before beginning his/her Apprenticeship, he/she will still follow the requirements above, yet will not be eligible to be a paid permanent assistant once the Apprenticeship Program is completed in its entirety. If he/she still wants to pursue opportunities for paid assisting, he/she may work with members of the lead assisting team and be reassessed at a later time for eligibility to be a paid class assistant. It is possible that after going through the assisting process above, he/she may have improved enough to be eligible by this point in the process, but not guaranteed.
- Indigo’s owner and director or 300-hour teacher has the final say after the “live teaching interview class” as to whether or not the apprentice is ready to be immersed into Indigo’s teaching team at large as a sub-teacher.